Your first steps with IQOS 3
Follow this guide to learn all about your IQOS 3: How to use, maintain and charge your device to make the most of your experience.
- Tap the button on your IQOS 3 Pocket Charger to check your battery level. When you see the lights, it's ready to use. If your Pocket Charger doesn't power up, hold down the button for four seconds or plug your device into a power outlet using an IQOS AC adaptor and cable.
- Open the Pocket Charger door, insert the Holder into the charger, then close. A flashing light at the top of your device will let you know it’s charging.
- When it's ready to use, gently insert a HeatStick, without twisting, into your Holder. Then press and hold the Holder button. One vibration and lights pulsing slowly means it’s getting ready. Two vibrations and both status lights on mean it's ready to use.
- If your Holder light starts to fade, your IQOS 3 needs a charge. Remove the HeatStick, and recharge using the IQOS AC adaptor and cable.
- Take out your used HeatStick.
- Put your IQOS 3 Holder in the Pocket Charger and close the door. The bar lights at the top will let you know the charge level. When you see a small light flash, your Holder is charging.
- After a few minutes, the small light will stop flashing. Your Holder is now charged and ready to use.
- When the battery lights on your Pocket Charger fade, plug it into a power outlet using your IQOS cable and AC power adaptor to recharge.
- Wait for your IQOS 3 Holder to cool down then slide the cap off.
- Tap out any loose tobacco from inside your Holder then insert the cleaning tool. Once in, gently twist two or three times before carefully removing it.
- Clean your device using the cleaning sticks as often as you can. Remember to avoid the blade, and don’t forget to clean the cap top to bottom too. A cleaner device makes for a better experience. It’s as simple as that.
Tips from us to you
Nobody wants a damaged device, that’s a given. So when inserting your HeatStick into your IQOS 3 Holder, don't twist or force it in.
Keeping on top of your battery power
Charger daily is the best way to make sure you're never without your IQOS device. Always use a wall outlet, and try charging it at the same time you charge your mobile phone.
Starting up your IQOS 3 device
Press and hold the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger button for four seconds, then release. The Pocket Charger and Holder status lights will start to turn on slowly.
Find the answer in our FAQs.
Something we haven’t covered?
There are several ways you can reach us.
Chat with our IQOS experts in real time. Available every day from 9am to 6pm. Just drop them a message and they’ll say hello within seconds.
Write to us. Our inbox is never too full.
Sometimes you just want to hear a human voice. We get it. That’s why our phone support line connects you directly to our IQOS expert.