Your first steps with IQOS 3 DUO
Which IQOS can we help you with?
- Tap the button on your IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger to check your battery level. If it’s low, plug your device into a power outlet using an IQOS AC adaptor and cable.
- Press the button at the top of your Pocket Charger for four seconds to turn it on. Then check the status lights on your IQOS 3 DUO Holder to see its battery level. Two lights mean it’s fully charged (ready for two uses). One light means it’s ready for one use. No lights mean no power and it’s time to recharge the Holder.
- Gently insert a HeatStick, without twisting, into your Holder. Then press and hold the holder button. One vibration and lights pulsing slowly means it’s getting ready. Two vibrations and both status lights on mean it's ready to use.
- When you feel another two vibrations, your IQOS time is nearly up. Slide open the Holder, remove the HeatStick, and slide the Holder shut then tap the Holder button to see its status. Remember that one light means you only have one use left, so you'll need to put back into the Pocket Charger after next time.
- When your Holder is in the Pocket Charger, flashing lights mean it’s charging. When both lights are on and stay on, your Holder is ready to take out.
- Tap the button on your IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger button to check the battery level. A flashing light at the top means the battery’s low and you'll need to plug the Pocket Charger into a power outlet using an IQOS AC adaptor and cable. A flashing light means the battery’s now charging. When the status bar is full, your device is fully charged and good for up to 20 uses.
- Check the status lights on your IQOS 3 DUO Holder. Two lights mean your Holder's fully charged and ready for two uses. One light means you only have one use left. No lights means there’s no battery power and it’s time to recharge.
- Slide open your Holder, remove the HeatStick, slide the Holder shut and insert the Holder into the Pocket Charger. If two small lights start flashing on the top of the Pocket Charger, your Holder is charging. When they stop flashing, your Holder is good and ready to use.
- Wait for your IQOS 3 DUO Holder to cool down then slide the cap off.
- Tap out any loose tobacco from inside your Holder then insert the cleaning tool. Once in, gently twist two or three times before carefully removing it.
- Clean your device as often as you can. Remember to avoid the blade, and don’t forget to clean the cap top to bottom too. A cleaner device makes for a better experience. It’s as simple as that!
Tips from us to you
Nobody wants a damaged device, that’s a given. So when inserting your HeatStick into your IQOS 3 DUO Holder, don't twist or force it in.
Keeping on top of your battery power
Charger daily is the best way to make sure you're never without your IQOS device. Always use a wall outlet, and try charging it at the same time you charge your mobile phone.
Starting up your IQOS 3 DUO device
Press and hold the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger button for four seconds, then release. The Pocket Charger and Holder status lights will start to turn on slowly.
Find the answer in our FAQs.
Something we haven’t covered?
There are several ways you can reach us.
Use our live chat
Chat to our personal coaches in real time. They’re available every day from 7am to 10pm. Just give them a message and they’ll say hello within seconds.
Send us an email
Write to us. Our inbox is never too full.
Give us a ring
Sometimes you just want to hear a human voice. We get it. That’s why our phone support line connects you directly to an IQOS expert.